Is there one tool the stands out as being most effective? Why?
Although in the past I have used technology effectively in the classroom and for lessons, I currently am working with very young children and, aside from a CD player, there is no digital technology in the classroom. The most effective tools for me in as a teacher currently have been one which I have used to prepare lessons and learn about teaching techniques that I can use with my students. Websites such as Edutopia, TeachingChannel, YouTube, and, more specifically to Korea, the message boards on Waygook have all been helpful. I recently found out about Research for Better teaching and a blog by Kathy Schrock that i look forward to reading more about. So I guess i'll kind of cheat and say the Internet is the more effective tool for me.
In what other ways can you use these tools?
In terms of interacting with other educators and sharing ideas a lot of the websites I mentioned above have comment sections below the articles and have Facebook page or one on another social networking page. Edutopia also has a YouTube page with hundreds of videos on various educational subjects.How can you extend use of these tools in the classroom with your students?
A lot of the information I get from reading these sites is directly transferable to the classroom. Whether its a method for dealing with a behavior problem or a new lesson plan idea its brought into my daily lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment