Monday, December 1, 2014

Module 5: Unit 5: Activity 3

Writing lesson plans and units plans is definitely an exercise that is a useful and necessary when having both a long term and short term goals for a class of students. The most obvious reason for a lesson plan is that it gives you structure for your class and helps it run in a smooth manner. It can be a challenge to plan specific activities an goals long term, especially regarding young students, as there can be a number of variable that may come up and throw a wrench into precise planning. That being said foresight it needed to make sure the class has a goal to work towards.

For my activities done for this lesson it was a little hard for me to plan for the class that I wanted because I have not had much experience teaching grade five students for an extended period of time. I had doubts whether the activities and expectations I had for them were accurate.

Regarding the the Teach Now unit it was interesting to learn about the concept of Common Core Standards as I would to know more. Unpacking a standard is definitely a skill I need to work on and was interesting to learn . If I had to point out some criticism it would be that a lot of the activities were quite repetitive and it sometimes felt like I was trying to find new ways to say the something.

It should be interesting to move on to the next module and learn about student assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment